juzzyroo@hotmail.com 8tracks badtv facebook formspring twitter

Monday, April 26, 2010

Strobe

Hello. I tried to concentrate on the slide show presentation on China- Japan relations today, but really felt like committing seppuku at the back of class instead.

Anyway, the first year students campaigning for a seat in the next student council have put up posters of their faces tagged with cheesy slogans, marring most surfaces around our college campus. I hate and dread these kind of things because it's something I wouldn't and simply couldn't do, as I've never seen myself as someone with much/anything to offer.

I also think that trying to prove yourself to a largely uninterested (and starving) crowd is quite ridiculous and may even alter your personality. During recess, a few candidates made speeches explaining all that they'd accomplished while emphasizing their deep- seated desires to become servant leaders, naturally fluffing up their work a bit (or a lot), like pillows on a couch.

Some of them ended up becoming this perky and gung- ho version of themselves that a lot of people find revolting. I have observed that most people look down upon gung- ho people, and nobody ever considers themselves as someone gung- ho. Fortunately, this gung- ho- ishness seems confined exclusively to campaign activities. Otherwise I think the mood on campus is utterly casual.

Anyway, Shaun did a pretty extensive Google search on insomnia, and rubbed lavender oil on my temples for me the other night. Immediately after that, he began snoring like a garburator. He'll probably try to deny this and accuse me of being an exaggerator and call you a moron for believing me, but do not be taken in.

Have to go. My uterus is attempting to self- destruct now.

Same girl, just more visible eye bags.