juzzyroo@hotmail.com 8tracks badtv facebook formspring twitter

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Aurora

What up. I've squandered too many days being angry at the way my past is always annoyingly and successfully inserting itself into my present, but for the most part of the time that I hadn't written here, I was engrossed with Shaun and school work, interspersed with trivial worries about what colour to polish my nails for the weekend. Anyway, the sun has been so relentless in its efforts to transform anything alive into a festering variant of beef jerky in the last couple of weeks, that I almost want to idolize and worship anything below 25°C- air conditioning system, glass of banana smoothie, stick of Magnum ice cream, swimming pool, etc.

Amidst the frenzy surrounding 'Fried Food Wednesday' in the school canteen at recess, I failed to defend my brown rice after Zac made a comment about children in Africa eating more satisfying lunches than I do. This garnered conspiratory giggles from everyone at the table. Convinced that I'd been conned by the 60- something year old vendor, whose skin- leathery, tanned to permanence, but not in an unflattering way- reminded me of my own late grandfather's, I was too vexed about being served less vegetables than what I had paid for. Thus, I now have serious reservations about my ability to spearhead the Brown Rice Movement.

Cya!!