juzzyroo@hotmail.com 8tracks badtv facebook formspring twitter

Thursday, December 31, 2009

It seems like a lot of people celebrated Christmas this year by rote rather than with zest and passion. (Pity!) I almost joined that commune, but somehow managed to abandon relentlessly battling the forces of change/give up desperately trying to recycle the past, to make it in time for the 9 o'clock mass on Christmas Eve. I spent the next few days after that relishing the four food groups and enjoying my family and friends.

Shaun came over the other evening to talk a bit with my mom and grandmother (my mother's mother) while I powdered my nose and rouged my cheeks upstairs in my bedroom. We left to have ice cream at the mall afterward, which I had been anticipating all afternoon. I even skipped dinner (which I usually don't, because I usually can't) so as to fully optimize the Ben & Jerry's ice cream experience. It seemed like such a clever idea at that time (but wasn't).

Anyway, I haven't been bothered to sleep much lately, especially since it will be 2010 soon. My parents don't understand why I have to talk and laugh so loudly on the phone, listen to alternative/post- rock, surf the Internet and take my showers at 3 in the morning. This très irritates them.

With regards to everything I can remember that's happened this year (I don't have that great a memory though), I don't know how I could have tried harder. However, I guess I could have tried harder in school. (More A's, less U's.) And I guess on more occasions, I could have acted more socially responsible instead of compromising what I stand for just to create something socially comfortable. And I guess I could have also confused what I had with what I was less often. And I guess it wouldn't have hurt anyone if I remembered how the end of the Apostle's Creed went.

Gonna be better in 2010. (Tomorrow.) Cya!!

Ps- Goldfrapp....... Lesbian.