juzzyroo@hotmail.com 8tracks badtv facebook formspring twitter

Monday, January 11, 2010

Agony

Hi! Sorry things have been so slow (or stagnant) around here. I've got a legit reason for my absence, though. Convinced that a cockroach ran over my foot in our backyard the other night, I spent the past week curled up in the fetal position, unable to reach my computer. The evidence is irrefutable. (An insect with a relatively small head and flattened body in a brownish hue with 6 legs, the size of my eraser.) Yea.... Terrifying.

Some might say I'm gallant for finally getting my shit together to make it out of bed and write something here. Others might say that I probably only saw a beetle, but they'd be wrong. (Duh.) If it really were a beetle, why did I scream and embarrass myself in front of my neighbours and risk waking up my insomniac dad? Think about it.... (It was a cockroach.)

Even though it's been only 11 days, and not feigning ignorance to how three quarters of the time I was scaring off most people I know (and didn't know) by acting like an f- ing crazy idiot because of either beer or intensified PMS, I love 2010.

Today was my 15th first day. I've always loved Mondays, but usually because I'm still partying from the Saturday. Thinking about it, this school thing does kinda suck a lot. Thinking about it some more, junior college is almost the best thing that could happen to anyone. I just hope I go places when this is all over.

We had 2 hours of China Studies today which I felt was a little unnecessary and inappropriate. (Overkill.) I scored 27/100 at the last exam I sat for, so it's probably best that I keep my personal opinions and feelings to myself. The first 20 minutes sped by like a Renault F1 car. (Uhh..... Not really. The room was conducive for sleep.) (I should know.)

My tutor gave us M&M's to eat, which almost made me want to idolize her. (I didn't, duh. "I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no strange gods before Me.") I was also preoccupied with the boy sitting across me who refused to make eye contact with me. I hope he doesn't spread rumours about how I tried to steal his soul on the first day of our senior year, or something. I already have a creepy loner reputation which I worked very hard to earn for myself, and I'm not about to tarnish it with something like 'freaky soul thief'. (Hayl. No.)

My fascination with his dislocated shoulder eventually wore off, and the people who "couldn't find D02- 01" eventually found D02- 01. Then my tutor said something about Deng Xiaoping and something about Mao Zhedong, and then something else about economic modernization. (Or something, I'm not sure.) I just know everything went downhill after that.

I think I learnt some stuff (circular flow of income, differential equations, Coastal Open Cities) today, which is pretty cool and unusual and kind of a big deal for me. I normally go through most of my school term in a brain dead/laid- back/carefree way, and figure out the complicated and difficult curriculum towards the end of the year. (Late bloomer.)

Preparing for my exams almost gave me a heart attack last year, so I'm trying this new thing where I write my own essays and solve my own equations, and go to school and NOT sleep/space out while I'm being taught. Apparently, doing this will help you be above average (what I want to be) and get you into university (where I want to go). I'm going to be so pissed off if the world ends in 2012. (Ha ha ha..... No, seriously.)

Anyway, I got quite a lot of double takes on the train on my way to school and along the corridors in school today. I wonder if it's cause I look awkward and retarded tripping on my maxi school skirt in my (improvised) New Balance sports shoes that have an inverted 'N' drawn on on one side. Although, I did grab a pair of kitchen scissors the other afternoon to cut my hair (on impulse and without strategy), and I also started using a new brand of shampoo recently. My hair is pretty stunning these days, so it's hard to say.

Ok. Goodnight!