juzzyroo@hotmail.com 8tracks badtv facebook formspring twitter

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mono

We celebrated Chinese New Year in college yesterday where I involuntarily danced a quick, impromptu, self- choreographed routine on stage. This inspired and spurred a lot of my friends (and non- friends) who don't know how to appreciate the art of dance to point, laugh, and call me names.

Many comforted me saying that "it could've been worse"- I could have involuntarily danced a long, impromptu, self- choreographed routine on stage, but didn't. (Oh. Phew??) Others (the obese, ugly, vicious, unkind, and inhuman. Obviously.) offered me no comfort whatsoever by validating that the embarrassment came to me deservedly, that I "should've saw it coming"- considering my presence in the form of spirit only during the practices leading up to the performance, and how unproductive sessions may be- or to put more accurately, are in fact- attributed to my disruptive, ADD type of behavior, if and whenever I chose to make a special appearance in flesh.

Uhh..... Whatever, man.

Shaun and I took a train into Chinatown to soak in a bit of the festivities last night. The area, gaudily decorated with red and gold as well as human litter, thrived with energy while locals and tourists thronged the streets. Salespeople using loudhailers along with gaga and frenzied gesticulations were impossible to ignore. (Try ignoring someone while he/she is having an asthma attack next to you.)

Living up to my reputation as the poster child of the idiom 'curiosity killed the cat', as well as other people's expectations of a mental retard, I got told off in a dialect I don't understand or speak, for fiddling with the flowering shoot of a pussy willow. Shaun watched me with a look of distaste as I, someone with an imperfect grasp of nutritional science, shamelessly gorged on free food samples as if my life depended on them.

Irritated by humidity, a fierce growing hunger and an inflated self- consciousness about my increasingly apparent Rexona deficiency, we sat down to share a barbecued stingray, something that I'd been secretly craving all week.

All right, that's all. May I be able to slow time down and resist succumbing to the forces of procrastination. Until next time, much love all!