juzzyroo@hotmail.com 8tracks badtv facebook formspring twitter

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Otter

Shaun came over in the afternoon yesterday because it is part of his job description. If we were lucky enough, we watched Animal Planet while commercials were showing on The Discovery Channel, and The Discovery Channel while commercials were showing on Animal Planet. If we ran out of it, Shaun tried to make the TV explode by flicking through as many channels as his fingers would let him work the remote.

My brother Stuart used to- or still does, but I wouldn't know because we stopped watching TV together a couple of years ago when he bought himself a TV to put in his own bedroom- do this a lot, irregardless of whether the show was having a commercial break or not. Each time I filed a report against my brothers with my mom (which at that time was what I had to do almost hourly because making me cry was one of their top 3 reasons to live), she'd laugh and say that I would miss all of this when it stopped- something that seemed to defy logic back then, which I am beginning to understand now.

In the evening, I finally gave some money to the blind man who makes music (not Stevie Wonder) in the underpass in town. Even though it must have been my 2387984th time walking past the man, yesterday was the first time I actually paid any attention to him. To be completely honest, I would've snubbed him again, for the 2387985th time if only I'd bothered to charge my iPod the night before. Sometimes I think I believe in the future more than it is good for me. I'm very glad that I got to kiss my grandma (my father's mother) when I went to see her earlier in the day.