juzzyroo@hotmail.com 8tracks badtv facebook formspring twitter

Friday, November 20, 2009

Hello.

Some of my friends are in Malacca and my cousins (Sarah and Valerie) will be away at church camp this weekend. I can't go because their cross has no Jesus on it. I'm Catholic, I sometimes pray via Mary and use the crucifix instead. Sarah told me to "just imagine his body is there (on the cross)". Can you believe her? Haha! I'm also not going because I hate camps.

Essentially, all this means is a quiet weekend to recuperate and detox. Maybe also discover a new meaning and purpose to life..... Something Zen. So far, I've caught up on some of my reading, and behaved like a complete weirdo cyberstalker person by exploiting web search engines, blogs and Facebook.

I've noticed that it has become very in/trendy again to wear foundation 2 shades fairer than our actual skin tone. (I'm using your prom pictures on Facebook as reference here.) I used to walk around town with a face that was of a different colour from my neck down, when I first found out what make up was. "You're telling me this stuff is not edible? As in, it CANNOT be eaten. And different shades of founda- dation exist???? Whaaat the hell??! Are you serious?!?!!! Are you trying to kill me?!?!?!?#*@&*&!!" (What a noob...... ) I stopped (eventually), and started using the right (I think/hope) foundation. That look just wasn't for me. However, it's a pretty useful make up technique I still use sometimes. (Like for Halloween.)

Anyway, keep it up. Don't stop wearing (the right) make up because you're unquestionably uglier without it. I know a lot of people are going to try to tell you not to use cosmetics but embrace your natural beauty. Try not to snigger/snort in their faces or look at them as if they're psycho. (It's a toughie, but it's also rude.) Just ignore them. Pretend you can't see them. (They're probably still bitter about their bad experience with cheap make up because they couldn't/still can't afford the real stuff.) Even if you're perfect (whatever that means), put on some mascara. It won't eat you/you won't regret it/your life will only get better.

I've also observed a lot of girls smiling as if they were in pain. (Almost crying?) (And I'm not just talking about the girl in college that we laugh at on a daily basis.) I found this group of 15 year olds on the Internet today. (Well, I found one. Which led me to the posse.) (There are at least 5 of them with this spastic smile.) (I think they're 15? That's what it said on their profiles.) (Can you trust the Internet?) (According to my Facebook, I turned 69 in September.)

It's actually really funny when you're looking at the first 20 pictures. I guess it is sort of cute? (In a spastic way.) The next few pictures get you wondering if this is some sort of deformity/disability (because it becomes less funny if it's a physical impairment) and if their parents approve of this kind of facial expression. Hell, if I were their mom I'd be so pissed off right now. I DID NOT ask for an epidural and then push you out of my vagina so you can make this face in front of the camera. (You know what I'm saying?) By the time you're nearing the end of the album, you'll be SO ANNOYED and may even feel embarrassed for them.

I mean, hello???? There's a whole lot of this shit on the World Wide Web. And we're all very aware of how it has expanded into the Ubiquitous Uncontrollable Universe in the last decade. Who knows how many other people are sitting behind their computer screens making jokes out of their faces??! (I know there are at least 3 others. Cause I sent them the link.)

I'm really tempted to use real names and pictures to illustrate my point better, and also so that we can put a (THEIR) face to the problem and laugh about it together. Have you seen the "I'm smiling but I look like I'm crying ooh la la" face? I'm quite certain not everyone is gonna be able to handle it, so people are going to be at this space with their eyes closed halfway through. And then I'd most likely be like, NO! Open your eyes right away! You've got to read what I wrote!

And this space would become like Perezhilton.com or something and I think I could get sued. Which would obviously be a problem and piss my parents off big time. "I DID NOT ask for an epidural and then push you out of my vagina so you could talk trash on the Internet and then get sued for it, young lady!!!!!" (You know how my mom is.) So I'd probably have to pay off the defamation damages with my own allowance in weekly installments of like, $4 or something. (Pathetic.) (I'd rather buy clothes.)

WHERE is all this attitude coming from? I'm not usually like this. And I actually don't know three quarters of these people we're making fun of. (You're laughing, right?) (I'm just typing.)

Namaste. Motherbitch of 2009 (and probably 2010. But who knows?) out.